1.20.2007

PillowPillowPillow

Is there anything cuter than a puppy or a kitten?

Yes, a baby panda. But PillowPillowPillow has to be a close second.

Because "my" digital camera was reclaimed when I lost my job and the pictures on the website are in Flash, I cannot show you how amazingly adorable these pillows are. You will have to go to the site and see them for yourself. But I can say that if I had the money, this is what I would have gotten every single one of my friends for Christmas/Hanukkah. As it was, I got one for my mom (Sofie), one for my sister (Scooter), one for CSR (Amy) and one for me (Elliot).

PillowPillowPillow is the brainchild of Aaron Stewart. I don't know Mr. Stewart, but I have seen his commercials. Of course, I didn't know they were his until I went to a holiday party with my hip artist and designer friend MB at Mr. Stewart's place of employment. The room was filled with the cutest animals I had ever seen. I debated the ethics of taking one, but I decided since they were spending all this money on an open bar with top-shelf liquor, it wouldn't be very polite to walk out with a little puppy. Plus I was already carrying around a book from my trip to Columbia and only had a tiny Coach clutch, so I didn't really want to carry around a stuffed animal the rest of the night. Plus, I never steal anyway, so it wasn't actually an option.

Anyway, the next week, I called up Hornet and asked about the animals. I was directed to the website, where I found the name of the only place that (at this point) sells PillowPillowPillows — Shady's Waggery. The fine folks there were more than happy to tell me about each animal they had in stock and to listen while I debated the merits (and costs) of each. Then they shipped them to me.

In short, if you have $45 or so burning a hole in your pocket, there is no cuter way to spend it than on a PillowPillowPillow, as baby pandas are a lot more expensive. And isn't $45 a small price to pay for something that puts a smile on your face every time you see it?

No comments: