2.08.2007

Anna Nicole Smith

There is no way I could attempt to review the stunningly large impact the late Ms. Smith has had on our society. All I can say, however, is this is one celebrity death that has truly saddened me (which doesn't happen very frequently) — all the odder for who it is.

I loved Anna Nicole at the Supreme Court. That has to be my all time favorite S.C. moment. She looked so glamorous, so sad, so svelte. I've never much wanted to be Anna Nicole Smith, but at that wind-blown moment, I did.

They say from every tragedy comes a silver lining. Thus, if there is any meaning in this senseless loss it may be the legal ramifications.
WAIT.
I'm not being callous here.

Forget the fact that the paternity of her tiny daughter has yet to be determined (poor little baby who will never know its mother, sigh). I'm talking about the estate case, the one that went to the Supreme Court and is STILL unsettled. The case that has lasted almost as long as "Bleak House." According to this AP article, the legal complications could take YEARS to unravel. And, when and if they are ever done, Anna Nicole Smith could be posthumously setting legal precedents all over the land.

Now that's some influence.

And may angels sing thee to thy sleep.

No comments: